Another Flying Dream plus Some Buggy Stuff

 Once again drowned in my imaginative world. My face must have looked really weird while drawing and spacing out looking at this painting.





Here comes another dream of flying. I was listening to Nightingale by Norah Jones when this image popped up in my mind. Then I grabbed the orange maker, which was first supposed to the the black one but because I thought it would be nicer to draw with a brighter color, and started imagining the image vividly. I decided to use the dots in drawing because it would describe the light more natural and show the illusion of movement. Surprisingly, later on I found out that there was also a school of drawing with differently colored dots, called Pointillism. However mine is just a quick-draw.

Looking back at my painting, I think I can sense the light is twinkling and moving, I can feel what the girl was thinking and the energy that running through her spine. I understand the meaning of this painting (yeah of course because I'm the painter, duh). And I also detect some mistakes in my work, such as the girl's hair looks stupid, or the dress feels not very real. Nevertheless, it doesn't matter to me due to the reason that I draw not to show people that I'm a good artist or something but to show people my feelings, my thoughts, to give people some kind of realization for themselves so that they can become more sensitive, more dreamy and hopeful about their life,.etc , become a better person. There will be many persons who give many shits about my mistakes without thinking of what the painting can bring to people itself. Technique and art and images are overestimated which somehow have made the meaning of a painting being overwhelmed and forgotten. Why can't they stop looking at every single dots and start looking at the whole painting, at its soul? This always bugs me whenever I post and share my painting on the Internet or some where else.

I don't really like the Mona Lisa. Because I cannot understand the painting. I don't get any meaning from it.  Although I know Leonardo da Vincy had used many complicated technique and stuffs, still isn't this painting just about a woman? I can hardly tell any other than that, furthermore I don't even think that Mona Lisa is beautiful. Please, anyone can tell me more about the meaning of this painting other than the beauty, the artistic images,.... I will be glad.
(Thus, I prefer The Last Supper)

Lately, I realize that I like Vincent van Gogh's painting very much. His works are impressive and extreme and strong. I love Starry Night which even inspires me in one of my works in middle school, but I prefer The Potato Eaters. The painting is certainly not as popular as Starry Night, but I like its meaning. He once said:
You see, I really have wanted to make it so that people get the idea that these folk, who are eating their potatoes by the light of their little lamp, have tilled the earth themselves with these hands they are putting in the dish, and so it speaks of manual labor and — that they have thus honestly earned their food. I wanted it to give the idea of a wholly different way of life from ours — civilized people. So I certainly don’t want everyone just to admire it or approve of it without knowing why.


True beauty. I can feel the movement and the character's liveliness. I can hear what they are chatting about. Wonder if anyone can feel what I have felt....

I want to go to an art exhibition sometime. I have never been there before!

There are still so many things I wanna say but words and one post aren't enough. I wish I can talk in person with someone to fulfill my desire of discussing about art.

.Blambodee.

P.S: I don't know much things about history of at and so on. I'm no professional artist either. But I like finding the "beautifulness" in people. I'm a total follower of "Art for Life's sake" after all bwahaha...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog